Sunday was such a nice day that we really wanted to go hiking and see some of the fall colors before they were gone. So we packed a picnic lunch and headed 45 minutes south to Raven Rock State Park in Lillington. It was a really pretty area and had a lot of different trails to hike. We chose two and ended up hiking 3 1/2 miles. I would say that my 6th month pregnant self did a good job and was able to keep a normal pace for the majority of the hike. It was really at the end, after hiking back up the HUGE stairway from the caverns below, that I realized once again that, yes, I am pregnant. So, the walk back to the car wasn't quite as fast as the hike there. Jamie and I definitley want to go back and try out some of the different trails that we didn't have time to hike.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Raven Rock State Park
Sunday was such a nice day that we really wanted to go hiking and see some of the fall colors before they were gone. So we packed a picnic lunch and headed 45 minutes south to Raven Rock State Park in Lillington. It was a really pretty area and had a lot of different trails to hike. We chose two and ended up hiking 3 1/2 miles. I would say that my 6th month pregnant self did a good job and was able to keep a normal pace for the majority of the hike. It was really at the end, after hiking back up the HUGE stairway from the caverns below, that I realized once again that, yes, I am pregnant. So, the walk back to the car wasn't quite as fast as the hike there. Jamie and I definitley want to go back and try out some of the different trails that we didn't have time to hike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment