When Jamie and I first moved to North Carolina, one of the most popular questions that everyone would ask was, "Does it snow down there?" Well, here are some pictures to answer your question. We woke up this morning to a winter wonderland and work cancelled for the day. Yeahhhhh!!! According to the weather channel, this area only gets about 6.8 inches of snowfall for the entire year. I think we're about ready to reach that point today, as it's been estimated that we should receive between 4-6 inches. It's such an event here, as they cancel basically everything. This morning Jamie and I were like little kids and couldn't wait to get outside to play in it. Our little neighbor boys and their mom were out playing in the snow too, so I had some fun taking some really cute pictures of her two boys in our yard. We've discovered that we really like this amount of snow. It's so pretty when it first falls and is neat, but we know that in a couple days it'll melt and go back to the much loved 50's. That's all the snow we ever want to deal with. Also, since it really doesn't snow much here, no one has any snow gear....like a shovel. When Jamie was done shoveling our driveway, he shoveled it for Sarah (I snuck a shot of him being a nice neighbor - aren't I sneaky). After he was done, another neighbor also asked to borrow the shovel. How funny! Anyway, we're really enjoying our first snow day here. What a better way to spend the day off by enjoying the snow, eating pizza and watching the historic inauguration.
No comments:
Post a Comment