When my parents were visiting a couple of weeks ago, my dad and I decided to tackle the task of painting our screened in porch. Most people either stain the wood or paint it here. Jamie and I decided that we liked the painted look better. So, after buying all of the supplies, we became painters for three days. Honestly, I really didn’t think that it would take as long as it did. The first day of painting the primer took forever…….let’s just say that we had some “thirsty” wood. I really like painting, but had never before painted such small railings on each side, which I think took up most of the time. I was lucky, because on the third day my dad stained the floor by himself – thanks again dad. Since we’ve moved here, we spend a lot of time on the porch listening to the birds and trees sway with the breeze; actually, it’s quite peaceful. So, we’re really excited to finally have a finished porch. Next spring, we’re going to buy some colorful Crepe Myrtle trees to line the grass by the trees and some bushes to complete the landscaping.
1 comment:
Wow, it looks great! Amazing how dreadful it is to do the projects, but how rewarding it is when they are done!!!
Post a Comment