Monday, October 5, 2009

Hayden’s First Trip to Magic Kingdom

For my big 30th birthday this year Jamie and I decided to go to Florida and to Walt Disney World to celebrate. I really like birthdays and was happy to turn 30. The 20’s were great and now with Hayden, I have so many new things to see and do with him in my 30’s. Great years ahead that’s for sure. We obviously took advantage of Disney’s birthday promotion this year. My parents are season ticket holders, so they were able to go with us. We took Hayden to Magic Kingdom when it first opened and showed him around. I was just ecstatic to put those cute, little Mickey ears on him and his first Mickey t-shirt. He did great though, and we were able to take him on his first two rides – Snow White’s Scary Adventures and It’s a Small World. It seemed like he couldn’t soak in the lights and characters enough. From the very beginning, he’s been quite inquisitive and curious about new things. I was just thrilled that he liked it and didn’t cry…..thank goodness that early there were no lines as well. In one of the pictures below we were on It’s a Small World – notice the enthusiasm in Jamie’s face;). He was also able to meet Chip and Dale and didn’t get scared. After we took Hayden around and wore him out with all of the excitement, my parents took him home and Jamie and I were able to have the day to ourselves. We got two day park hopper tickets, so my parents babysat again the next day, too (thanks again mom and dad). We were lucky, because although it was hot, there was a nice breeze and pretty much no wait on most rides. October is definitely a great time to go. It’s fitting that I was born in this month, because it’s one of my favorites because of all the fall decorations. Disney did a good job at Magic Kingdom with all of the pumpkins everywhere. Overall, it was a magical two day birthday celebration, and we loved feeling like kids again.

disney27

chipndale

IMG_4481

IMG_4513

orange mickey

IMG_45

IMG_4572

IMG_4562

IMG_4483

IMG_4478

IMG_4476

IMG_4593

IMG_4590

IMG_4584

IMG_4581

IMG_4580

IMG_4564

IMG_4557

IMG_4658

IMG_4597

IMG_4600

IMG_4646

No comments: