Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hayden’s First Thanksgiving

Today was a very special day and as I write this, I have a very tired little man.  Hayden’s had so much fun with his Gigi and Popi visiting that he just didn’t want to go down for his afternoon nap.  We had a great first Thanksgiving in our new home and very special guests to celebrate with us – Jamie’s Mom and Dad.  I was very nervous for our turkey, but it turned out quite well, and I’ll definitely keep the Friess tradition of getting a smoked turkey….always nice and tender.  My new recipes were a success (much to my relief….phew).  We had turkey, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, green bean casserole, creamed corn, salad and crescent rolls.  Obviously, we have lots of leftovers for tonight and tomorrow.  We had lunch around 1, and took a walk  with Hayden to the playground, because it was a really mild day and nice and sunny.  He went down the slides for the first time and really liked it. We’re now getting ready to give Hayden a bath in his blow up bathtub, feed him dinner and put him to bed.  Then, it’s our favorite of dessert, leftovers and games.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Hope you had a great one!  We love and miss you all!!!!!:)

IMG_7213

IMG_7221

IMG_7150

 

IMG_7165

IMG_7138

IMG_7117

IMG_7103

IMG_7175 IMG_7172

IMG_7156

IMG_7168

 IMG_7194

IMG_6944

IMG_7084

No comments: