Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Reading Time

In the early afternoon before Hayden’s nap, we go in his room and read/look at a few books.  This is some of my favorite time with him during the day.  If I’m lucky, he’ll sit in his chair, finish his milk from lunch, and let me read an entire book to him.  Most of the time though, he’ll just take the books out of his basket, open them, play with the pages and toss them on the floor.  Well, today, was one of the sweetest moments.  He looked at me while reading and said, “Mama.”  Now, I really don’t know what his first word was/is???   It’s so hard to tell when they “get” what they’re saying or if they’re just babbling as usual.  He’s obviously said mama a lot before, but I’ve never quite figured out if he really knew what he was saying.  Today, though, I could just tell that he knew I was his Mama and that’s why he said it.  He said it a couple more times when I told him good job and that I was his Mama.  Of course, the camera was nearby in our bedroom and I grabbed it so I could take a few pictures.  It was a small, insignificant moment, but a very proud one for me as his Mom, so I thought I would share.

029

016

005

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He has to be one of the cutes little boys on the planet for sure Meghan!!