Thursday, December 9, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

Christmas is such a magical time of year and definitely a favorite holiday in our house.  We love everything about it – the music, food, family, friends, decorating, parties, gift giving – the list could go on and on.  This will be the first year that Jamie and I have actually had a Christmas in our own home, so we decided to go all out and start some new traditions.  Since we’ve been engaged, we’ve always traveled during the holidays, so Christmas morning will be extra special.  So, this year, we decided to get a real tree and put it in our family room.  Our families have very similar traditions when it comes to the holidays and our moms have always bought us collector ornaments each year.  This tree has all of those special ornaments we’ve collected and Hayden’s new ones as well.  I’m sure as the years progress, we’ll get more and more trees, ideas and decorations.  It’s just so fun to do each year and we both really enjoy it.  Hayden loves it, too.  Every morning we can’t have breakfast until I’ve lit the garland, the wreath and the two trees – which is proving much harder to do now that I’m 34 weeks pregnant.  All of our stockings are embroidered and ready to go – yes even the Baby’s.  I’ve “whited” it out so you can’t see his name;)  And guess who gets to help us take them down this year?  Yep, it’s you Mom and Dad, congrats:)  Anyway, here are some of our decorations so far this year. Hope you’re all enjoying the season so far.005

008

009

018

No comments: