Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Little Things They Say and Updates

I’m so excited to start this part of the blog.  Now that Hayden is talking up a storm, he’s really starting to get into that cute stage where he says some funny things.  I know how fast he’s growing up, and I really don’t want to look back one day and forget, which is why we love blogging.  Here are a couple funny things he’s said from this past week….
“Ewww, Mama, Bennet tooted. Stinky.”
Last night before bed, I started singing, “You are my Sunshine” and he said, “No, Mama, no sunshine, night night.”
As far as an update on Hayden, he’s still a typical toddler with his favorite word being “no”.  Yesterday at the playground he amazed me and climbed the big part of the little rock wall thingy (not sure what to call it).  It scared me, because it seems so huge for such a little guy to climb.  But, he did it and flashed me a gigantic smile at the top.  I could tell that he was really proud.  He’s finally gotten almost all of his teeth and has his first dentist appointment in a couple of weeks.  That should be quite interesting……more on that to come  We’ve been working on his colors and shapes a lot and like most toddlers, everything is always the color red. 
As for Bennet, he’s turned the corner sleep wise which has been nice.  He only wakes up once throughout the night at around 3 for a feeding and lately has been then going back to sleep anywhere from 6-7 am.  He still doesn’t have any set nap schedule, which I still think he’s too young for at this point.  When we’re at home though and he’s tired, I put him in his crib to sleep.  Sometimes he cries but most of the time, he sooths himself to sleep.  Recently, Bennet’s started smiling and cooing a lot, which is so fun.  Another big thing he’s done is grab for objects above him and hold on.  His hands are now a popular item for him and he’s entered the stage where he’s putting them in his mouth all the time.  So that’s life around the Ronin house lately.  Never a dull moment with our two boys.

013

No comments: