On Sunday, we woke up early and went two hours east to Wrightsville Beach. The drive was super easy and a short trip. It's always so fun to go to a beach, and we were glad that it is definitely within a days drive. The beach was really pretty and reminded both of us of the beach outside of Charleston, SC, that we visited last year. It seems like the east coast beaches all have a similar feel, a little different than those on the Gulf or Caribbean. We had a picnic lunch and then walked along the beach to the pier. There were a lot of people out and we saw a large group of surfers, which was fun (felt like we were in San Diego again). We both needed the exercise after all of the food that we had eaten the day before;) Although, there were times when I realized that I was indeed getting bigger, because I couldn't walk as fast as I used to be able to in the sand. We're excited to go back and check out other beaches in the area too.
Monday, October 20, 2008
A Day at the Beach
On Sunday, we woke up early and went two hours east to Wrightsville Beach. The drive was super easy and a short trip. It's always so fun to go to a beach, and we were glad that it is definitely within a days drive. The beach was really pretty and reminded both of us of the beach outside of Charleston, SC, that we visited last year. It seems like the east coast beaches all have a similar feel, a little different than those on the Gulf or Caribbean. We had a picnic lunch and then walked along the beach to the pier. There were a lot of people out and we saw a large group of surfers, which was fun (felt like we were in San Diego again). We both needed the exercise after all of the food that we had eaten the day before;) Although, there were times when I realized that I was indeed getting bigger, because I couldn't walk as fast as I used to be able to in the sand. We're excited to go back and check out other beaches in the area too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment