Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Fun Filled Saturday

Hayden had another big week and went to the beach and the aquarium for the first time. Instead of going to Wrightsville Beach like we did last October, we decided to head a little further south and check out Kure Beach. After slathering on the baby sunblock, we took him for a short walk on the pier and then the beach. He did great, and we could tell that he really liked it. In fact, we had a hard time getting him to look at the camera, because he kept checking out the waves. It was fun to watch him put his little feet in the sand for the first time, which, fortunately, he enjoyed. After the excitement of the beach, we went to Fort Fisher to the North Carolina Aquarium. It was nice and fun to see all of the different sea life. By this time, we were all starving, so we got lucky, again, and found a Sticky Fingers restaurant in Wilmington. I'm usually not a rib fan, but I always make an exception there, because they're so good. I think I'm the only person I know, though, that eats them with a fork. Since we were so close to downtown Wilmington, we thought that we would head down there and do some exploring. Overall, it was a great Saturday, and we were really proud of Hayden, because he did such a good job.



No comments: