Friday, January 8, 2010

Our Big Boy - 10 1/2 Months Old

It’s been so long since I’ve posted an update on our little man.  I thought it was time to let you all know how Hayden’s been doing – especially in the past two weeks.  He’s been taking steps and walking now for about a month, but it’s been since we’ve been back from Florida that he’s really taken off.  He’s walking everywhere now and prefers to walk instead of crawl. I took Hayden to the doctor yesterday for his second flu shot and he walked in – very slow, of course - like a big boy holding his Mama’s hand.  Everyday I keep thinking…..when did that happen?  He’s also officially on regular food now – no more baby food.  One day he just decided that he didn’t want us to feed him anymore and prefers to feed himself.  Again, when did this happen?  I’ve been trying to introduce him to a bunch of new foods and so far, he likes pretty much everything we’ve given him, but blueberries and peaches.  I think he finds them more fun to play with instead of eat….ha….ha.  He’s found a new best friend in his sippy cup and snack trap (which is awesome).  I found one that he likes and man, does he love it.  We went to our playgroup this morning and for at least an hour of the three we were there, he just sat in his buddy’s high chair and sipped away like a big boy.  Hayden’s also graduated to one nap a day, too.   He’ll sleep later in the day for a little longer period of time.   He’s also had more play dates, and we’ve all decided that we’re going to have playgroup two times a week.  Hayden’s also found a new TV show that he likes on Nick Jr. – Yo Gabba Gabba.  If you’ve  never seen it, it’s the weirdest show I’ve ever seen, but he loves it.  He’ll sit in my lap with his little elephant and suck his thumb and watch it.  So, to say the least, our little guy has had a busy past month with lots of changes.

006

No comments: