Monday, June 11, 2018

Our First Two Weeks

Ironically, we had the same moving guy, James, and company that we had from our very first move down to North Carolina in 2008.  Our moving company, Mordue, did awesome once again and we continued to have a great experience with them.  It took about a week for us to get all of the boxes unloaded and things situated. We have been going to the neighborhood pools about every day and the kids have been really enjoying swimming and the slides.  This past weekend, however, Jamie and I decided that we needed a break from all of the moving stuff, so we headed out to one of our favorite beaches, Emerald Isle.  We loved this one when we lived here last time, because the water has more of a green’ish’ color compared to Wrightsville or Carolina beach.  And better yet, it’s a really easy drive at only 2 1/2 hours away. The weather was awesome and the water felt great.  We stayed all day and had a fun lunch picnic on the beach.  It was great to be back.  After, we decided to take a little detour and went to Kinston, NC to see where the show A Chef’s Life is filmed.  It’s a show that I used to watch all the time on PBS.  To say the least, it wasn’t really worth the extra trip as the town is in the middle of no where, but I’m happy we did it nonetheless.  When I would watch the show in Illinois, I always wondered what it was like there, now I know. 

094

112

No comments: